Croydon RE Coordinators network meeting for the Spring term 2019 will be on 7th February venue tbc
Launch of the updated Croydon Syllabus 2018 on 29thNovember 2018 at St James the Great RC Primary at 4pm
Advice, Guidance and Training for Religious Education,Collective Worship & SMSC
Visits and visitors
Click on the files above to view the Croydon Syllabus and other useful teaching resources
To book a place on an RE Course or Network Meeting in Croydon please contact me using the form below
Meetings take place once a term in schools or places of worship in the Borough.
Every Local Education Authority (LEA) is required by law to have a SACRE. Its origins go back to the Education Act of 1944, but the Education Reform Act 1988 and the Education Act 1996 strengthened its place in an LEA. The responsibilities of SACRE are:
• to provide advice to the LEA on all aspects of its provision for RE in its schools (this does not include Voluntary Aided Schools)
• to decide whether the LEA's Agreed Syllabus for RE needs to be reviewed and to require the LEA does so.
• to provide advice to the LEA on Collective Worship in its schools (this does not include Voluntary Aided or Voluntary Controlled Schools).
• to consider any requests from Head teachers to hold Collective Worship that is not of a broadly Christian character.
• to advise on matters relating to training for teachers in RE and Collective Worship.
• to publish an annual report of its work.
A SACRE is made up of four committees; A; representatives of Christian denominations and other religions and their denomination
which reflect the principal religious traditions of the borough; B; representatives of the Church of England; C; representatives of the teaching profession and D; representatives from the LEA, including Councillors and RE advisors.